Wednesday, March 5, 2008

2009 Ford Mondeo - ‘08 Geneva Preview

After the official announcement of Fiesta, Ford will unveil a special new diesel engine at the forthcoming Geneva Motor Show. The 2.2-liter four-cylinder engine will be fitted onto the 2009 Mondeo, S-Max and Galaxy-van - the powertrain will produce 175 HP and 295 lb-ft of torque. Ford also prepared a new package called Galaxy Titanium for Mondeo and S-Max which includes features like 17-inch five-spoke wheels and a sport suspension among others.

Check out the gallery below and follow the press release after the jump:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a U.S. Resident I am frustrated!! Not only can we not purchase a Mondeo, I have to give the U.S. automakers a government mandated bailout. I don't get it!

If the manufacturers fail to produce vehicles that will sell, let them suffer. Ford and GM are both guilty of producing vehicles that American's don't want, turning to Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and even Korean automakers. There are various makes and models abroad that fail to sell here. Let's make this a global automotive market and get some of these boring fuel thirsty barcaloungers off our roadways.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a U.S. resident and I too am frustrated by the inability of U.S. customers to have access to the Ford Mondeo. I spent a number of months in the U.K. last year driving a Mondeo ghia with turbo assist. What a drive. My wife drives a Lexus SC 430 and it is nice, but if I could I would buy the 2009 2.2 litre diesel Mondeo instead. Get with it America. We are missing out.